Monday, February 18, 2013

Ewe what's that smell? Well son, it's a clean house. Vinegar as a cleaning agent.

I've always heard vinegar could be used as a cleaner, but had never ventured to try it. Thanks to Pinterest, my curiosity got me researching. The acidity of the vinegar is effective in killing most mold, bacteria, and germs. I like the idea of using an all natural non toxic cleaner, I "make" my self.

Ingredients:
Vinegar
Orange peels ( I used clementines)
Jar

Place orange peels in mason jar.
Cover completely with vinegar and close lid. Now let vinegar and orange peels marinate for at least 10 days.

So today was the day of the vinegar cleaning test. Mopping my kitchen floor was the challenge. I diluted the orange-vinegar with 50% water. I found it cleaned well but the smell of vinegar kinda makes me feel like the surface is not clean. I need to retrain my brain to consider the smell of vinegar as clean. Elias came into the kitchen shortly after I finished mopping and said "Ewe, what's that smell?" Well, it's a clean kitchen I thought to myself! (The smell of vinegar went away within 10 minutes and I was left with a clean floor.)

I found lots of information on uses of vinegar on www.vinegartips.com
Worth checking it out.

This crafty cleaning experiment is credited to a pin from Fountain Avenue Kitchen.

Do you clean with vinegar or have you? Would love to hear what your experience, tips or tricks are?

No comments:

Post a Comment